A large two-form entry primary school located in Burnley (BB10) are looking to appoint a trainee teaching assistant within their Year 1 classroom. Within the past 2 years, the school has successfully appointed three teaching assistants who are currently studying or have recently completed a teaching assistant qualification. Due to this, the head teacher has reached out to Teaching Personnel in order to address their recruitment needs.
What will the trainee be doing as part of their role?
Working as a trainee Teaching Assistant in Year 1, you’ll provide support to teachers in preparing for lessons and helping create a safe and enjoyable learning environment for all pupils at the start of their primary education journey. During lessons, you’ll work together with the class teacher to support pupils with classroom activities and help to manage behaviour, promote independence & learning. Excellent communication and enthusiasm will be key in supporting all pupils to progress, achieve and overcome any problems. You will support all areas of the curriculum including English, maths, and phonics within the classroom.
Below is a summary of the role & expectations:
· Support pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
· Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
· Prepare the classroom for lessons, and clear away afterwards.
· Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting any difficulties.
· Support pupils to understand lesson instructions.
· Support pupils in respect of school curriculum, e.g. English, maths and phonics, as directed by the teacher.
· Assist with the supervision of pupils at lunchtimes.
· Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
8:30 – 15:30, Monday – Friday
30 minutes welfare duty
Open to educators who are currently studying a TA/CACHE/Childcare qualification
Pay range between £10.77 – £12.20 per hour
–with the view of a permanent contract
If you would be interested in this role please get in touch today by making an application, submit your up to date CV and covering letter today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.