Looking to build a career in teaching or education? Can you commit to a full-time teaching assistant position in an exciting primary school this September for the full school year?
** Classroom Support Teaching Assistant / General Teaching Assistant / Graduate Opportunity **
** 4 teaching assistant positions available - key stage 1 & 2 / SEN **
** Full-time with commitment for the academic year **
** September 2022 Start **
** Central London Location ** Westminster**
Based in the London Borough of Westminster, Central London, this primary school is looking ahead to September 2022 and offering four places for motivated graduates excited by the prospect of teaching or an educational career in the future. Perhaps you’re a psychology graduate looking to build that vital experience supporting special educational needs? Whatever the path, this school provides the perfect platform for your first steps into education.
Each year the school work closely with Academics to take on a number of enthusiastic graduates into these teaching assistant positions – the school embrace the idea of taking on keen individuals enthusiastic about working with young people and venturing forth into teaching, the people placed in the past have enjoyed a nurturing environment where they have developed their tool belt of skills, built links and relationships, and gained the experience required to successfully take up their teaching courses.
You will earn up to £75 per day in this full-time role with commitment for the full academic year commencing in September and ending in July 2023, just in time to start your teacher training the following year if you so choose.
The teaching assistant position:
The school are looking for four dedicated individuals with a genuine passion for working with children and some previous experience in a supporting role with young people. As a General classroom support / teaching assistant your responsibilities will be:
* To provide continued support for the teacher within a chosen classroom for the academic year.
* To carry out one to one and small group intervention work with students.
* Providing tuition and booster sessions with pupils working at a lower ability or on the Special Educational Needs register.
* Guided Reading sessions and providing numeracy and literacy support.
* Supporting pupils with an education healthcare plan.
* To aid the school where necessary becoming an integral part of the schools support team.