We are looking for a Procurement Assistant to join our team! This would be an excellent development opportunity for someone who is organised and enthusiastic about moving into a procurement position.
The Procurement Assistant role, reporting into the Procurement Operations and Supplier Relationship Manager, will be responsible for supporting the Procurement team in delivering all procurement activities. This will include assisting with the business-as-usual activities around Purchase Order management, managing the Procurement inbox and directing queries to the appropriate team resource. Also assisting in the timely reporting of key contract metrics to the business owner and assisting in the process of contract renewal management.
In addition, the Procurement Assistant will be required to support the team in transforming B&CE’s procurement function through the implementation of improved procurement processes, systems and performance management. This will result in generating cost savings, improved governance and control and improved supplier performance.
Ensuring that Procurement best practice methodologies and processes are successfully adopted into the business.
Skills & Experience:
• Ideally experienced in working within a multi category Procurement function
• Strong organisational reporting and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and balancing conflicting priorities and own workload.
• Ideally experienced in working in Financial Services/Fin Tech or Pensions related organisation
• High emotional intelligence and a true team player with hands on approach to delivering work
• Good understanding of procurement processes and systems
• Excellent analytical skills, comfortable using fact-based analysis
• Capacity to engage with operational issues and work alongside stakeholders to understand key requirements
• Familiar with the use and deployment of Purchase to Pay (P2P) systems
• Good working knowledge of MS Office to support timely creation of high-quality documents
• Experience of working in financial services and pensions industry preferable
• Strong private sector experience from a FTSE 50 to FTSE 250
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally and enabling them to perform at their best and demonstrate what they have to offer. We are a disability committed employer, please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made to our recruitment process (application, selection assessments where relevant, and interview) to enable you to show us the best you.
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension - it’s what we’re good at - plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer… even the odd massage. And if they’re feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career. *This is subject to current government COVID guidelines*