Lovely independent creative agency are looking for an experience and established WIP Controller to join a small finance team.
You will work closely with the small finance team and look at wider commercial aspects to do with all things WIP/ revenue and budgeting etc.
- Reporting to the Finance Director
- Responsible for the billing and WIP Management for the London office
- Open new jobs and set up new clients on the system
- Liaise with account management teams on open jobs
- Review and approve management estimates on the system
- Raise sales invoices based on estimates
- Ensure VAT is charges correctly on client invoices
- Liaise with management accountant to ensure financial reporting of P&L and Balance sheet is accurate in regards to income and WIP
- Ownership of balance sheet reconciliations as part of the month end process
- Debt collection - chasing over due invoices
- Hold weekly accounts receivable review with the FD to go through outstanding invoices
- A self-motivated individual who is willing to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Approachable and efficient
- can work well with Finance and other stakeholders.
- Prior experience of WIP control within the media sector.
- Good level of understanding of the accounting principles that sit behind postings in the system.
- Good Excel skills.
- Experience of clearing a backlog of aged WIP balances helpful
Please note due to the large volume of applications we receive we cannot respond to everyone.
We are committed to ensuring and supporting representation from all backgrounds across the creative industry, irrespective of race, religion, belief, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or socio-economic background.
With this in mind, we welcome applications from all areas of the community. Please do get in touch and let us know if there is any additional support or reasonable adjustments we can cater for, to ensure our process and roles fit your needs and creates a comfortable & enjoyable recruitment process.