We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join a renowned Japanese clothing designer, manufacturer and retailer on a 4 month initial contract with a likely extension. This is a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified individual to join one of the worlds largest apparel retailers.
• Prepare and review monthly journals and monthly balance sheet reconciliations for designated accounts
• Provide reporting and analysis of centralised business costs in Europe including logistics, marketing and sales return adjustments, in order to aid P&L management and business insight
• Support with collating tax and VAT information for returns and questionnaires
• Actively seek and communicate cost saving initiatives within scope of work
• Hold daily conversations with store and other HQ colleagues to enable the completion of the above tasks
• On-the-job experience or currently studying for AAT/ACCA qualifications
• Retail experience is desirable.
• Working knowledge of balance sheet and P&L account classifications
• Experience of working with outsourced operations would be beneficial
• Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Excel
• Ability to communicate clearly with both management and store colleagues on accounting topics and business operations
• Ability to organise and prioritise own workload to deliver to tight deadlines
• Proactive and easily adapt to change
£28,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.