Commercial Broker / Underwriter - Glasgow to £28/30k plus comm - £36k
Leading Insurance Organisation have a new role based in Glasgow for an experienced Commercial Broker / Underwriter
The role is within the Underwriting Department. The purpose of the role is to provide quotations for New Business and to assist the Branch and be a referral point for the Assistants. The role requires dealing with clients over the phone and via e-mail to ensure retention and sales targets are maximised, through the provision of efficient communication & negotiation skills.
* Deliver excellent customer service whilst meeting customer requirements efficiently & effectively for New Business.
* Understand the processes and procedures required to provide quotations & put forward suitable products to meet the client's demands and needs.
* Ensure that all product information provided is clear, fair, and not misleading, allowing the customer to make an informed decision.
* Calculate New Business premiums in accordance with the specific carrier's risk appetite and guidelines or liaise with insurers for all non-delegated authority business.
* Ensure that telephone calls are answered & dealt with promptly & efficiently.
* Maintain thorough and accurate records of all customer interactions.
* Identify complaints and refer to the necessary complaint handler.
* Dealing with queries by email, telephone and in person ensuring that all SLAs are adhered to.
* Required to be a referral point within the Branch.
Experience within the Commercial field is essential
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.