Business Intelligence & Analytics Practice
PA is a unique consulting firm with a track record of delivering award-winning work across the globe.
Our Business Intelligence & Analytics practice has a strong record of working with C-level leaders in major organisations, supporting them in making strategic and operational decisions about their most critical challenges.
We blend advanced analytics techniques with deep sector experience to bring true business insight – to address the most challenging problems our clients face, ranging from understanding the effect of world events to forecasting the impact of £billion investments.
Our BI & Analytics service offerings include:
• Data science: using a range of advanced analytical techniques to combine and analyse (potentially large) data to understand behaviour, derive critical insights, and increase business value.
• Operational analytics: using operational research and modelling to help clients optimise activities, manage their workforce and improve operational performance.
• BI delivery and strategy: using a range of, on premise and cloud based, big data and data visualisation technologies to deliver innovative insight.
• Economics: applying cutting edge economics to answer clients questions across sectors.
Our economics team is growing at pace, working with some of the largest clients across government and industry. We are passionate about economics and believe the boundaries of its application are only just being explored.
We are looking for exceptional and creative economists at the Principle Consultant level to help build our economics team
Our Economic Consulting team is growing at pace and is working with some of the largest clients across Government and industry, applying economic principles and the latest analytical methods to develop practical solutions for regulation and policy, business strategy, econometric forecasting, competition policy and more.
Our Economic Consulting team sits within the Business Intelligence & Analytics practice, which conducts advanced analytics for some of the largest companies and governments. Sitting with this team means we have a unique ability to develop mixed methods approaches, and leverage expertise in data science and data visualisation to find innovative solutions for our clients.
We are looking for exceptional economists at the Principal Consultant level to help build our economics team. The role involves:
• Leading the delivery of large and complex economic consulting engagements, including managing significant teams and senior clients
• Developing and maintaining client relationships at a senior level
• Taking a leading role in helping to grow the practice and generate sales
• Pushing the boundaries of our thinking including the development of new approaches and methods
We think you will be a great fit if you have:
• A Masters or PhD in Economics from a leading university.
• Experience of leading and delivering complex economics projects in consulting, industry or government.
• A passion and ability for the practical application of economics.
• Experience of leading teams and developing people’s skills and capabilities.
• Experience of leading and delivering solutions that involved any of the following specialisms: econometrics, supply and demand simulation, incentive design, economic impact, market/regulatory reviews and policy evaluation.
• Strong communication skills.
• Good written English.
• Ideally existing client relationships.
About PA Consulting Group
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results.
We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.