Contract type Permanent
RPS is looking for a Trainee Leakage Technician to join our Water Operations Division. Our Team of Leakage Technicians are at the at the heart of our strategic priorities – to deliver great work for our clients by providing excellent customer service and executing complex operational tasks. Whether you are just starting out or taking the next step in your career, this position provides an opportunity for you to progress.
We’re RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design, and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. And where you’ll be supported every step of the way. Here is where you come to build a career.
What you’ll be doing
You will use your developing expertise (working alone and as part of a team) to resolve basic operational issues that will include:
* Detecting both proactive and reactive leaks (under instruction and guidance) on our clients’ networks
* Following instruction and guidance to assess, diagnose and determine the most appropriate solution to reduce leakage in each given area and support the delivery of regulatory targets
* Continuously improve your development and knowledge while delivering great customer service for our clients
Who we’re looking for?
* Commitment to working safely with good health and safety awareness
* The desire to develop within a team-orientated environment
* Basic written, numerical and IT skills
* Full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you?
Here you’ll find true support and encouragement. We’re an accredited training provider and we support learning and development for everyone. A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you’ll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You’ll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
What happens next?
If we feel you are a good match, we will be in touch to arrange a competency-based interview.
If this opportunity suits your career journey, we’d love to hear from you. All applications will be considered, and if you’d like to discuss the role in more detail, please apply and we will be in touch.
Ready to apply? Please have your CV ready and continue with your application online.
Health and Safety
This role may involve:
* Moving heavy items including manhole covers
* Working in all weather conditions (this could include night work also)