Our client, an international Financial Services business is looking to expand it’s competition economics team and is now looking for a talented Competition Economist to join their team as a Manager. The role has excellent career and personal development /advancement.
The team, largely based in London but now also expanding internationally, provides economic advice to clients across a broad range of engagements. The team typically works with clients at board level, offering interesting and varied work, the Economics team spans a number of functional areas, with core skills ranging from competition economics, econometrics, economic policy evaluation and impact assessment, economic strategy, EU & CMA regulation/competition laws, Independent compliance, Third party compliance, forensics, litigation, monitory strategy etc. The business advises high value clients with the use of economic advice and analysis in a range of contexts.
They are looking for a highly motivated and outstanding economist to join the Economics team, with a particular focus on the area of competition economics and econometric analysis, to service a number of clients in Europe ,including France or Germany, soa European language is essential.
• The Economomist will be responsible for managing economic work streams or projects and help to maintain the client relationship, with supervision, ensuring that any client work will be delivered to the highest standards in both content and form
• Be involved in the management and the development of the Economics team as a whole, including contributing to their recruitment efforts, performance appraisal, mentoring and thought leadership.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
• Previous experience in Competition Economics
• Excellent French or German would be preferred for the role
• An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non-economists and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
• Experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics desirable but not necessary.
• The Economist should have knowledge of competition law and/or regulatory regimes.
• Experience in management and mentoring junior colleagues
If you’re looking for a role with an excellent career path and future development, then this could be the role for you.